Some very special Sweethearts

Last week while shopping at the Commissary on Ft. Gillem, I picked up these patriotic Sweetheart candies. I made tags with a very memorable quote from President Bush on that day I remember. Today while at my kids school doing Madi's insulin shot, I snuck these treats of remembrance in the teachers mailboxes. After school Madi's teacher called and asked where I had gotten these cute treats...she wanted to go buy some for all the kids in the class for tomorrow. Knowing that she could not get on Ft. Gillem, the kids and I packed up in a hurry and went straight there. Now we have enough of these yummy red, white and blue treats for all the kids in both of their classes. I think it's very important to teach my kids in the simplest way of what happened 8 years ago and to always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...