Me, run in a half marathon?

The last day or two I have been concentrating on my goals for 2009...my health and exercising are at the top of list. Today has been such a good one. My friend Susy called me today and we talked FOREVER! I met Susy while living in Wiesbaden, Germany. Our boys were both in Kindergarten and our girls were in pre-school...perfect match! Susy stands above the crowd due to her drive to run marathon after marathon. I am so attracted to that strong will and then her loving motherly ways. Well today she told me of her plans to run a marathon in April, in Nashville, and that we should meet them there and I can try the half marathon....if I start now I should physically be able to do that, right now I only run 1.5 - 2.0 miles most days. Thanks Susy for thinking so highly of me and motivating me...I went on a nice run when I got off the phone. Wish I looked like a runner though...I need to lose half a butt...I swear I am Paula Deen's long lost daughter the way I cook!

I couldn't find a picture of Susy and I but here is something much better...our beautiful girls...Madi and Anna. When they were 3 they started taking ballet together. There is nothing sweeter in life than watching little girls at ballet practice!!! Susy and I would sit together and just giggle at these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...