Stitching



Stitching is a very easy and cheap hobby. You can use a pattern, print out your last name, favorite poem or anything. You can trace your kids hands to stitch and save even. If you have a pattern or something you have printed out you lay it under a piece of muslin and trace it. Then cut a piece of warm and natural to go behind the muslin. You pick out what ever colors of DMC floss you want and then you are ready to stitch using a backstitch.




These are easily framed or turned into pillows.








After seeing a beautiful stitchery on my friend Leslie's blog, it made me want to go get some new material and fix up some of my own stitcheries. Yesterday I went to my local quilting store and picked up a few new fat quarters...look at how pretty that material is. I tried adding some V shaped stitches around it. I love it. Now I have LOTS more to do.






For part of our dinner the other night I made these little mummies to ring in the month of October. I found the idea in one of those little cookbooks all on Halloween foods. I forgot to add the little mustard eyes the recipe suggested. My kids LOVED them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...