Lentil Soup

This is a recipe I got from my mom and she got it from my dad's mom. What I like about it is it's easy, healthy, cheap and it's a recipe that's easy to have all the ingredients on hand. Even my kids like it...Madi can't get enough of it.




1 bag of lentils
1 pkg Jimmy Dean sausage; cooked
3 bay leaves
1 onion chopped
salt and pepper to taste



Mix all ingredients in a large pot with 10 cups of water. Heat to almost a boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours. We like to eat bread and butter with our soup.

Tonight I made a page for our scrapbook. I LOVE Halloween and 2005 was one of my favorites. My kids had so much fun and I loved every minute of it. We all enjoyed making this spooky gingerbread house you can see in these pictures. I will have to look for one this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...