Sweet and Sour Chicken


This is one of my families favorites! I got this from my friend Bethany who was my neighbor while living at Wiesbaden, Germany. Two of my neighbors Bethany and Kelly both had husbands who were serving in Iraq for a year. Through it all they were so positive and stayed happy and really relied on each other too. They came up with this dinner plan of alternating which one would cook dinner for both families...Bethany had 2 kids and Kelly had 3 but it's hard to stay motivated and cook full dinners when your hubby is gone so this plan was perfect.
I am so lucky my husband is in the Air Force...when he has gone to Iraq or Afghanistan it's only for a few months not 12-15-18 like these Army families do like Kelly and Bethany had to do. Once when Steve had to go TDY for a week or two I could not believe Kelly and Bethany would have been thinking of me....they invited me for dinner so I would not be alone and could join in on their fun. Thank you guys!!!
Kelly is husbandless AGAIN right now. I think of her all the time with her three small girls. Well here is the yummy recipe Bethany shared with me...
Sweet and Sour Chicken
2 cups sugar
1 TBSP chicken bullion or 2 cubes
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 cup water
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 TBSP soy sauce
Whisk all together in a bowl.
Take 3 cut up chicken breasts and dip them into egg yolks
Dip in cornstarch (put in a large Ziploc and shake)
Brown on both sides in olive oil until crispy
Place in a 9x13 pan and cover with sauce.
Bake for 1 hour
Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...